Friday, February 23, 2007

The verdict is in...

We're having a baby GIRL!!!

We had our 20-week ultrasound this morning at 8 AM, and around 8:15, the technician made a definitive call that we're having a little girl. I was surprised that she could so easily tell that it was a girl; I had always thought that they predicted that because there was an absence of male genitalia. But, nope, our technician was very sure that she was looking at a girl.

We got to see the baby's spine, face, hands, brain, heart, legs, arms, stomach...all sorts of things! It was truly fascinating. We've got a video, too, so if anyone's interested, they can check our "little scrapper" out. That's what my OB called her since I started feeling kicks on February 1st (~17 weeks), which is considered quite early for a first time mom.

The only concern the doctor had with the ultrasound was the baby's size. Apparently she measured very small (below the 10th percentile). The OB wasn't worried, but she did put me on folic acid supplements, instructed me to increase my protein intake daily, and scheduled a second ultrasound for next month to check the baby's growth progress.

Oh, and we think we've finally decided on a name: Sofia Kristine Hudson. Now that the baby's not an "it" anymore, we can start calling our daughter by her name!


1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Congratulations!!!

Sofia is a beautiful name. I'm so excited for you both.