Thursday, March 29, 2007

Ultrasound #3

Just to keep you all updated... I went to the maternal-fetal medicine clinic at our hospital this week and got a very thorough, very long ultrasound/Doppler scan. Mostly, the news was good. They found no trace of the uterine artery notching, and Sophia seems perfectly healthy. However, she's still very small (back under the 10th percentile, they believe). I've been put on even more protein (those disgusting health shakes--yuck! I really need to buy some ice cream or something to make milkshakes with that powder). I'm supposed to consume about 40g of protein a day! On top of that, I've still got my twice a day folic acid/calcium supplements, and I'm not supposed to take 1 baby aspirin a day, as well, to help prevent pre-eclampsia, which because of Sophia's size, I apparently have a heightened risk for. So, with all that and the prenatal vitamin, I'm beginning to feel a bit like my grandmother. But, it's all for a good cause :) I have another ultrasound at the M-F clinic in two weeks, so we'll let you know how things are progressing.

In other news, our carpet is being put in on April 10th!!! Yay!!! And, Ethan will be coming out while I'm in Rochester over Mother's Day weekend to help Brian put in engineered hardwood in our main living area. I can't wait to put up new pictures. It's like an entirely different house already, just from the paint. The floors should be a big improvement.

No comments: