Thursday, February 05, 2009

Sophia's First Haircut!

It was long overdue, but finally Sophia submitted long enough to let me take a pair of scissors to her bangs...not without a great deal of protestation, mind you. I was so proud that I managed to avoid either poking her with the scissors while she squirmed or make her look ridiculous.

I've been thinking, though: with a girl, you really only have to cut the bangs for the first couple of years. If it was this difficult with a good-natured daughter, what am I going to do with our son?

I kept her "first curl" in a little silver box that we were given as a shower gift before Sophia was born. It's so sweet looking at her little lock of strawberry-blonde hair lying in tiny black velvet-lined box. I'm sure it's something that I will come to treasure even more as the years pass.

And, showing off our belly button!

2 comments:

Alpine Sanctum said...

Her hair color is so pretty. :) I also kept my son's first locks; right now they're in a little container in my nightstand drawer. I have no idea where to put it, but I can't get rid of it either!

Mom said...

How can a little girl get cuter every minute? I love the hair! You did a great job trimming it. And she is just squeezably adorable. Kisses, sweet one!